INTRAVENOUS VITAMIN C (IVC) THERAPY
PSALM 118: 17 I SHALL NOT DIE, BUT LIVE, AND DECLARE THE WORKS OF THE LORD!
High dose intravenous (IV) Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is used to treat a host of acute and chronic conditions. This includes cancer! BECAUSE WE HUMANS CANNOT PRODUCE VITAMIN C, WE MUST CONSUME IT FROM OUR FOODS OR SUPPLEMENT SOURCES. The main issue with taking an oral vitamin C supplement is the fact that only a small % of vitamin C consumed can be absorbed by our bodies. Higher doses can cause GI (gastrointestinal) discomfort. The PLUS of receiving vitamin C via the IV route is that the GI route is bypassed. Vitamin C is placed directly into your blood stream where Vitamin C can reach much higher concentrations. This route increases the benefits with very few, if any side effects.
Although an ABUNDANT AMOUNT OF MEDICAL RESEARCH to support the use of high dose IVC exists, it is unfortunate that this treatment remains controversial in the eyes of most conventional doctors. Dr. Frederick Robert Klenner (1907-1984), Reidsville, NC chest physician, is one of our IVC pioneers! His documentation is robust with examples of the power of IVC!
Dr. Shawn Dalton-Bethea received her IVC Therapy certification through the Riordan Clinic in Wichita, KS, October 15th, 2016. The Riordan Clinic has conducted IVC research over the LAST 4 decades. Clinical research has demonstrated that high doses of vitamin C are exclusively toxic to cancer cells, while leaving healthy tissue unharmed. Thousands of lives have been changed because of IVC treatments! While research continues to demonstrate many benefits, unfortunately, more research is still required before IVC will be accepted within the usual standards of care.
CALL US TODAY 336-501-3796 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Bethea.
EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org
INTRAVENOUS VITAMIN C INFUSION IS A LIFE CHANGER!!!!
- IVC is one of the best antivirial agents available. It enhances our host resistance and improves our immune system's ability to neutralize bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- IVC can eliminate a wide range of toxins and even has a mild chelating effect for the removal of toxic heavy metals (such as cobalt & chromium).
- In high doses, IVC has a pro-oxidant effect which results in the formation of hydrogen peroxide. It can then selectively target malignant cells WHILE leaving normal cells unharmed!
- Vitamin C has an antihistamine effect which is useful in fighting allergies. When we lack vitamin C, we are prone to an increase in asthma attacks and allergy symptoms.
- Vitamin C is also essential for the synthesis of collagen, the main structural protein found in connective tissue. This collagen stimulating effect can also assist the body with walling off malignant tumors.
- IV vitamin C is sourced from corn free alternatives.
- When patients receive IVC, they report that they are better able to tolerate chemotherapy.
- IVC is complementary to oncologic care. IT IS NOT AN "EITHER/OR" PROPOSITION!
- Patients with cancer, who use IVC treatments, enjoy a better quality of life. They report fewer side effects of conventional cancer treatments, faster healing, more resistance to infections, better appetite and less pain, and remain more active!
- Patients bounce back quicker because IVC reduces the toxicity of chemotherapy and radiation WITHOUT compromising their cancer cell killing effects.
- IVC therapy is NOT performed on the SAME day as chemotherapy or radiation treatment.
- The number of treatments required depends on the severity of disease. For more severe stages of disease, treatment may be 2-4 times weekly.
- For maximum benefit from IVC, it is important to orally supplement with AT LEAST FOUR GRAMS OF VITAMIN C DAILY. This helps to prevent possible vitamin C "rebound effect" AND helps to ensure the BEST absorption of IVC. Sodium ascorbic acid (vitamin C) powder and/or encapsulated liposomal (lypo-spheric) vitamin C are best tolerated orally. Minimal GI issues have been noted with these formulations of vitamin C.
- POST-TREATMENT: Drink plenty of fluids (unless restricted by your doctor). It may be helpful to eat a small meal or protein rich snack following IV therapy to avoid fluctuations in blood sugar.
CONTRAINDICATIONS AND SIDE EFFECTS
- A very small % of our population have a deficiency in an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD). This G6PD deficiency can place a patient at risk of hemolysis (rupturing red blood cells) with high dose IVC. A lab test to assess for G6PD deficiency will be drawn PRIOR to any vitamin C infusions of 25 grams or higher.
- Some patients complain of shakiness during or soon after receiving IVC. This is often due to blood sugar (glucose) fluctuations and is relieved by eating prior to the infusion. Shakiness can also be caused by low calcium or magnesium levels. A minimum of 1ml (200mg) of magnesium is added to ALL IVs to counteract shakiness.
- Vitamin C infusions can cause inaccurately high results on finger stick blood glucose readings. Glucometer readings CANNOT BE RELIED UPON FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS AFTER COMPLETION OF IVC infusion. Standard serum glucose testing is unaffected so that it will still be used during or following IVC infusion when needed.
- Given the amount of fluids a patient receives during IVC, ANY CONDITION that could be adversely affected by fluid or sodium overload is a contraindication to receiving IVC. Conditions that would be in question, or would need to be monitored closely, include congestive heart failure (CHF), acute or chronic renal failure/insufficiency, edema, ascites secondary to liver disease, etc.
- With any IV infusion, bruising, infiltration, and pain at the needle site is can occur.