Shawn Michelle Dalton-Bethea, M.D.
1507 Westover Terrace Suite B
Greensboro, NC 27408
Interventional Pain Management Fellowship, Performance Spine and Sports Physicians, Pottstown, PA, January 2006-December 2006.
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore in affiliation with University of Maryland Health Systems, Baltimore, MD, July 2002- June 2005
Chief Resident, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore in affiliation with University of Maryland Health Systems, Baltimore, MD, March 2004-March 2005
General Surgery Internship, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY, July 2001-June 2002
Doctor of Medicine, East Carolina University School of Medicine, Greenville, NC, August 1997- May 2001
Bachelor of Science Biology, Minor in German, Guilford College, Greensboro, NC August 1992-May 1996.
Doctor of Medicine, Pennsylvania, 2004-2008, North Carolina, 2007-present.
American Board of Pain Medicine, Board Certified March 2009.
Interventional Pain Physiatrist, Functional Medicine, Greensboro Rejuvenation, The Center for Integrative Health & Wellness, Greensboro, NC July 2016- present Interventional Pain Physiatrist, Performance Spine & Sports Specialists, PA, Greensboro, NC. July 2013–July 2016
Interventional Pain Physiatrist, Performance Spine & Sports Specialists, PA, Reidsville, NC. August 2010–September 2014.
Interventional Pain Physiatrist, Vanguard Brain & Spine Specialists, Greensboro, NC. August 2007–August 2010.
Interventional Pain Physiatrist, Performance Spine and Sports Physicians, Pottstown, PA. January 2006–June 2007.
Locum Tenens Physician, VISTA Staffing Solutions, Scottsbluff Physiatry Associates at Regional West Medical Center, Scottsbluff, NE. July 2005–October 2005.
Administrative Assistant/Gross Anatomy Tutor, East Carolina University School of Medicine. Summer Program for Future Doctors (SPFD) Academic Support and Counseling Center (ASCC) Greenville, NC. May 1998–July 1998.
Product Research & Development Lab Technician, Stockhausen, Inc., Greensboro, NC. August 1996–July 1997.
Data Conversion Operator, United States Postal Service, Data Remote Encoding Center, Greensboro, NC. August 1995–May 1997.
Assembly Line Worker, Gilbarco, Greensboro, NC. May 1995–August 1995.
Customer Service Representative, Sears, Technical Support Center, Greensboro, NC. January 1995–May 1995.
Zoology/Botany Tutor, Guilford College, Academic Support Center (ASC), Greensboro, NC. August 1994–May 1995.
Field Training Supervising Officer, Guilford College Campus Security, Greensboro, NC. March 1994–October 1995.
Old North State Medical Society 2016- present
Pain Society of the Carolinas 2014-present
North Carolina Integrative Medical Society 2017-present
Greater Greensboro Society of Medicine 2007-present
Living Arts Institute, CMA Externship Training Site, 2015-present Calvary Church, Supporter and Volunteer 2009-present
Dalit Freedom Network, Supporter 2008-present
Tabitha House, Supporter 2010-present
Triad Ladder of Hope, Supporter 2009- present
Winston Salem Rescue Mission, Supporter 2009-present
Goodwill, Supporter 2007-present
Salvation Army, Supporter 2007-present
Urban Ministries, Supporter 2007-present Project Lazarus Chronic Pain Initiative, Physician Educator, 2014-2017
Partnership For Community Care, Physician & Community Educator, 2013-2017
- Regenerate Not Operate Lecture for departing Anesthesia Pain Management Fellows @ Carolina Pain Institute, Winston-Salem, NC, May 2018
- Regenerate Not Operate Community Lecture, Greensboro, NC, May 2018
- New and Underutilized Approaches to the Opioid Epidemic, 1st Annual Mental Health & Substance Abuse Symposium, Asheboro, NC, May 2017
- New and Underutilized Approaches to Worker's Compensation Related Joint and Spine Pain, IARP Conference, Greensboro, NC, March 2017
- PRP Community Lecture, Greensboro, NC, March 2017
- PRP Community Lecture, Greensboro, NC, February 2017
- PRP Community Lecture, Greensboro, NC, January 2017
- Non-controlled Substance Options for Joint & Spine Pain, Healthy Guilford Pain Symposium, Greensboro, NC, November 2016
- You've Got Hair to Gain: PRP Hair Restoration, VA School of Beauty, Greensboro, NC, October 2016
- Medication & Injections Options for Joint & Spine Pain, SPARK, Rockingham County, Eden, NC, June 2016
- GeneSight: Genetic Medication Testing- Personalized Patient Care Co Lecture with Quinton Kocher, North Carolina Physician Assistants-Triad Division, Clemmons, NC January 2014
- Complimentary Medicine: Physiatry Approach to Chronic Back and Leg Pain Lecture, North Carolina Physical Therapy Association-Triad Division, High Point, NC September 2012
- Who’s Driving? Who’s Navigating?: An Interventional Physiatrist Approach to Low Back and Leg Pain, Winston Salem State University, Rehabilitation Case Management Lecture, Winston Salem, NC April 2012
- Who’s Driving? Who’s Navigating?: An Interventional Physiatrist Approach to Low Back and Leg Pain, Winston-Salem State University, Rehabilitation Case Management Lecture, Winston Salem, NC December 2011
- Conquer Low Back and Leg Pain in 2011, Carolina Apothecary Lecture Series, Reidsville, NC September 2011
- Conquer Low Back and Leg Pain in 2011, Reidsville Kiwanis Club Lecture, Reidsville, NC July 2011
- Treating the Chronic Pain Patient, Medical Providers Lecture, Eden, NC June 2011
- Who’s Driving? Who’s Navigating?: The Treatment of the Injured Worker, Southern Rehabilitation/IARP Annual Workers Compensation Case Managers Meeting, Concord, NC May 2011
- Conquer the Pain without the Drug Concoction, Intracorp Workers Compensation Case Managers Lecture, Kernersville, NC May 2011
- Conquer Your Low Back Pain in 2011, Annie Penn Hospital First Community Lecture Series, Reidsville, NC March 2011
- Tame the Low Back and Leg Pain in 2011, Reidsville Rotary Club Lecture, Reidsville, NC March 2011
- Conquer the Pain in 2011 Without the Drug Cocktail, Annie Penn Hospital First Annual Nursing Symposium, Rockingham Community College, Wentworth, NC February 2011
- Conquer the Pain without the Drug Concoction, Key Risk Management Leadership Seminar, Sedgefield, NC October 2010
- Is It Just Common Sense? Preventing Lifting Injuries, Rockingham Community College Industrial Systems Technology Department, Wentworth, NC September 2010
- Tame the Pain without the Drug Cocktail, AIT Laboratories Medical Providers Seminar, High Point, NC September 2010
- Tame the Pain without the Drug Cocktail, AIT Laboratories Medical Providers Seminar, Greensboro, NC June 2010
- Conquer the Pain the Conservative Way, Medtronic Chiropractic Seminar, Greensboro, NC May 2010
- Tame the Pain without the Drug Cocktail, Key Risk Management Case Managers and Adjusters Seminar, Charlotte, NC April 2010
- Tame the Pain, Key Risk Management Case Managers and Adjusters Seminar, Greensboro, NC March 2010
- Tame the Pain; Friends Home West Assisted Living, Greensboro, NC February 2010
- Tame the Pain, Medtronic Community Seminar, Downtown Marriott, Greensboro, NC January 2010
- Hope for Patients with Chronic Pain: A Review of Current Conservative Treatment Options, The Hampshire Condominiums Community Lecture, Greensboro, NC July 2009
- Hope for Our Patients with Chronic Pain A Review of Current Conservative Treatment Options, Spring Lecture Series, Surgical Center Associates of Greensboro, Greensboro, NC May 2009
POST GRADUATE COURSES
- IVC Infusion & Chronic Illness, Riordan Clinic, Wichita, KS, 2016
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), Zizion, Boca Raton, FL, 2015
- mILD (Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression) Course, Vertos, Santa Ana, CA, 2012
- Thoracool, Lumbarcool, Biaculoplasty, and SI Joint Denervation Course, Kimberly Clark/Bayliss, Columbia, SC 2010
- Kyphoplasty Course, Kyphon, Chicago, IL 2009
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Course, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Baltimore, MD 2008
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Course, Medtronic, Westminster, CO 2008
- Intradiscal ElectroThermal (IDET) Therapy, Disc Decompression & RF Facet Denervation Course, Smith & Nephew, Baltimore, MD 2006
- Spinal Cord Stimulator Course, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems, Memphis, TN 2006
- Annual Course in Electrodiagnostic Medicine and Clinical Neurophysiology, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA 2004
- Prosthetics-Orthotics, Lower and Upper Limb Orthotics for Physicians and Therapists, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 2004
RELATED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Investigator, Performance Spine and Sports Physicians (PA). Retrospective study investigating the 6 month, one and two year outcome following percutaneous disc decompression and IDET. 2006-2007.
Investigator, James Lawrence Kernan Hospital (MD). Attending: Dr. Peter H. Gorman. Retrospective study investigating conversion disorder and malingering in the acute spinal cord injury rehabilitation patient population. 2004-2005.
MEDICAL MISSIONS TRIP
Mano De Ayuda orphanage in Ario de Rosales Mexico, Worked in Orthopedics Clinic as medical assistant, June 1988.
For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.